Friday, October 28, 2011

The Litigators (2011)

I'm pretty much a John Grisham fangirl, he is one of my all time favorite authors, and I don't say that often. So when I heard about his new book, The Litigators, I about peed my pants with glee. So, like any good fangirl, I went out and bought it within a few hours of hearing about it. I'm only a few chapters into it, but this is the most amusing one that I have read.

 So far, we have been introduced to The lawfirm of Oscar Finley & Wally Figg who describe themselved as a "boutique" law firm, meaning that they are small and cater to a small amount of clientele... which in a sence is true, but not in a fancy and chic way.... more like ambulance chasing, quick divorces, and DUIs. It was established that Finley and Figg argue like an old couple and that their mediator is their secritaty, Mrs. Gibson,  who at one point was a client and she was sitting in their office when the previous secritary quit and so she started answering phones. Next we meet David Zinc, a lawyer whose career is on the fast track, on his way to his office on the 94th floor, on the way there, he snaps. He gets to his floor and dives back into the elevator and bolts out the front door of the firm, he hides out in a bar after quitting his job and has a nice, helthy breakfast consisting of Bloody Marys. Well, that's all for now. I'll post more when I read a bit more. So, if you're looking for a good book to read, you could read The Last Juror or The Rainmaker (those are my favorites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment